The Tuscaloosa Half Marathon presented by CNL Financial Group is a day of fun for both runners and spectators! If you’ve ever run or walked a half marathon, you know how important a motivating and encouraging crowd support is. The Tuscaloosa Half Marathon would like to provide suggestions to help spectators plan for race day:
- Have fun and get in the spirit!
- Weather is always unpredictable in April. Be prepared to dress for conditions and wear comfy shoes.
- Have a course map, cell phone and camera
- A good sign always adds to the race! Runners love to read signs, and it helps your runner to identify where you are.
- Make some noise! Clap and cheer. The runners will love it.
- Be sure to cheer for everyone; those in the front and the back.
- Have a block party with friends and neighbors if the course travels through your area.
- Plan ahead. If you’re tracking a friend of family member, identify their average pace per mile ahead of time and use a pace chart to figure out where and when they should reach certain points along the course.
- Have a finish line plan. Many people will be in the finish area, so it will help to know where and when you’re meeting your runner.
- Don’t know anyone running? That’s ok. Come support anyway!
- We ask all spectators to please stay off the course as a sign of respect for the participants that have worked so hard to be there.